POPCASH

Saturday 3 June 2017

LITTLE PURPLE FLOWER

I am a little purple flower
My petals so extremely small
I 've stood in the grass for many an hour
Enjoying a breeze most of all

But, oh, what happened to my peers!
Just yesterday, it moved me to tears
While the children of John were playing their game
My peers were trampled to death, what a shame

When just before that, some bigger flowers were damaged
The children were scolded badly by John
But when my brothers were ravaged
It was noticed, sadly, by none

Today, however, I had a reason to smile
A nerd, or so he must be
Looked at this little purplish flower, a while
And took a picture of me

Even if tomorrow, to the worst of my fears
I have to die, as yesterday my peers
I will do so happily
since someone has seen the beauty in me. 

Y... In The Dark Of The Night (Poem About Hope)

It is dark, no moon, no light 
Just darkness, a starless sky

The wind blows, the waves break
A single firefly passes by

Soon the firefly is gone
Leaving me in the darkest of nights
The tiny fly made me anticipate
A sunrise with the finest of lights

X..... A Little Sadness - Poem by Aufie Zophy

Reflecting on my life at the end of the week
A tear leaves my eye and caresses my cheek
My ego wants to force a smile, but my soul doesn’t feel the need
This little sadness doesn’t taste bitter; it is sweet

My Son

My son, I can see so many good things in you 
And here I am really honest and true.
My son, I love it when your caring heart opens wide
When I had a headache you came and sat by my side

My son, some of your talents for drawing, I have seen
You are really good at it, believe me, fantastic, I mean
My son, there are really so many good things in you.
Even so far, I have mentioned just two

My son, you have a talent for language, you do 
Yes learning a language is easy for you
My son, Here’s number three, there is so much more
So much more in you, I truly adore

My son, I do understand that being 14 is quite challenging
There are so many things changing
But please my very lovely son, 
Keep on bringing out the good that’s in you, please keep on. 

Your loving father, Papa

My Mother's Lesson In Empathy

At the time, I was a five-year old boy
A visit to my aunty, always a joy
My cousin was playing with cars at the back
He just had a new one, the body in black
Orange lines on the side, oh boy, what a toy

Only a few minutes later, it is hard to believe
My cousin was called and he had to leave
This left us alone, that beautiful car, and me
The temptation was great, as great as could be, 
I could not resist and became a thieve

Into my pocket, very smoothly it went, 
I was delighted, extremely content
When we reached home, I told to my mom
With much pride about what I had done
And that's where contentment would end

My mother, incredibly sweet, incredibly bright
Swallowed her anger but asked in a voice, slightly tight
Please consider for a minute or two
How you would feel if someone did this to you.
Deep in my mind, I considered this plight.

It was easy to see the horrible feeling
I'd caused in my cousin by carelessly stealing
Our next visit, I was allowed to put it silently back
That car, with orange stripes on a body of black
Since then, I ‘ve quit forever the stealing

I don't think that there ever could be
A more brilliant lesson in empathy

The Golden Key (A Sonnet)

One day, I want to melt all gold on earth
And make a wonderful key with it all
This special key of incredible worth
Will be fit to unlock your heart and soul
The remote buttons will work like a smile
Like a lawine of sweet and loving words
I will turn that key with a manly style
And happy thoughts will fly to you as birds
A simple turn of the sweet golden key
Just like a wonder, magic fun and true
Will cause, for everyone to hear and see
A wave of peace and happiness in you
Let's dream of a universe filled with love
And all may get a key from High Above

Y..... The Balloon

I went to the sea of love, this noon
I took it and put it in a blue balloon

I brought this balloon, so blue
all the way, especially for you

So, quick, quick, quick
Give this balloon a prick

let's bathe in its content
a sea of love, to never end

No comments:

Post a Comment