POPCASH

Thursday 1 June 2017

BUFFON DESERVES CL TITLE, SAYS XAVI

Two years ago, Xavi Hernandez was the captain as his beloved Barcelona side lifted the Champions League trophy in Berlin against Juventus. Ahead of this year’s final, and after lifting two trophies with Al Sadd in Qatar this year, the Catalan has made it clear that he would like to see the Italians emerging winners to crown the remarkable career of goal-keeping legend Gianluigi Buffon in Cardiff.  
“Winning the Champions League would be a crowning moment in Buffon’s career,” Xavi said. “I would like to see Buffon winning the Champions League. As a Barcelona fan it is logical and natural that I want Juventus to win. But also for Buffon, for Dani Alves, who deserves it, he is an impressive player who has made a difference in the lead-up to the final. I also have a very good relationship with Dani, so for different reasons I’d like to see Juventus winning the trophy.” 
After recently winning the Emir Cup at Khalifa International Stadium, the first venue to be completed for the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar, the Al Sadd captain said he is looking forward to a great content tomorrow. 
“I see the final at 50-50, a final is always difficult to predict and there is no clear favourite. Juventus have been doing things well for years, and it is a big club that has not won the Champions League for many years now. Real Madrid is also very strong, they have signed good players, I think we’re going to see a great final.
“Juventus has players like Dybala and Higuain who can make a difference in attack, Dani Alves is also contributing a lot in attack and making some great assists, he is important in defence and in attack. For Real Madrid, Benzema can be decisive, as can Isco, Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo, there are a lot of players who can make a difference. We will see a fantastic final.”  
The World Cup-winning midfielder recently completed his second season in Qatar in style, and added that he has been impressed by the passion for football in the country and across the region. 
“I was taken by surprise by how much passion for football there is in the region. I knew that they love football, but I didn’t realise to what extent. I have been to Jordan for example, with Generation Amazing, and they received me like a national hero. What I experienced there I have never seen in any country in Europe. The passion and the excitement they have for football is incredible,” he said.
The Catalan midfielder concluded by highlighting how much the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar means to the people of the region. 
“The people in Qatar and the region are hugely excited about this World Cup, the first in the Arab world, and it means a lot to the people here. I have been to Iran playing the AFC Champions League, and it is incredible how they received us, and me personally. I’ve seen a total passion for football, and the willingness to do things well, above all here in Qatar. I have to thank them for the opportunity to work on this project. What I want to do is to help and through Generation Amazing I have a fantastic way of giving back, to the workers here in Qatar, but also to other Arab countries who need help. The project in general is incredible and I’m proud to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment